Saturday, March 31, 2012

I Am Pocahontas

I'm linking up tonight with Kimberly over at All Work And No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something and her Secret Mommy-hood Confession Saturday.

My confession for this Saturday night is that I am the real Pocahontas...well, in a past life anyways...like, 1985.

It's a secret I've held for a while.  And it's time to let it out.

Or at least let it out of my Halloween costume box.

You're probably wondering what the eff I'm blathering on about.

Me too, actually.

Maybe it's just a cheap way to link up with Kimberly, who by the way is pretty funny and honest.  Go check out her blog.  She's got a great sense of humour.

Okay, so my real confession is - well, it's not really a confession.  In the words of the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it".  I'm bringin' back the '80s, baby!

So here it is:

In 1985, in high school, I wore a certain pair of shoes that I adored above all others.  Loved them so much that I've kept them all these years tucked away in my Halloween costume box.

They are my beloved pair of moccasins.

March 31, 2012

Awww, I love them.

Moccasins came back on the scene last summer.  At least I think they did.  I don't get out to the stores much...too busy kissing boo boos, wiping butts and doing laundry.

The moccasins in the stores do nothing for me.  Out of the ones I've seen there isn't a pair that gives me the same feeling as these 'ol beauties.

What can I say?  I was a hippie in a former life too.

Now, when I say I wore them every single day in high school, I mean I wore them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!   I have fond memories of waiting by the door needing to go to the drama portable, but it was raining.  Inevitably a classmate would come along and give me a piggy-back ride to class so as not to get my moccasins wet.  I felt so loved...or at least my moccasins were.

The reason for this post, which I will finally get to, is that I GOT THEM RESOLED!!

For a mere 40 bucks my dear old friends are back on my feet and I am transported back to my high school days.  Back to hanging out in the "Fame" end of the school, as it was fondly referred to, rehearsing for the school play or jazz choir concert, sportin' my Pocahontas lovelies.  (Actually I think Pocahontas was always barefoot, but for the purpose of this story...)

I don't know if they're particularly stylish this year, and I was possibly ripped off by the shoe repair guy, but I don't care.  There ain't nobody has a pair like this.

My daydream is that someone will come up to me with a look of adoration in their eyes and ask me where I got my fabulous moccasins, to which I will say:

"You mean these ol' things?  Oh, you can't get these anymore.  They're circa 1985!"

And they're mine, all mine!

4 comments:

Bipolar Mom said...

Cute shoes!! I think it's fun that you have a piece of high school like that. I don't know that I have anything left from those days, other than a yearbook and a few journals.

Shoes would be more fun. :)

Following you on Twitter now. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Brandi said...

Those shoes actually look really comfy! I have a couple things from back in the day that I've held on to hehe ;)

Brandi
www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.ca

Kimberly said...

You. Are. Hilarious.
Seriously.
Shall I tell you about my Doc Martien's circa 1993?
I wore them every day.
They are still in my closet.
Let's have a vintage shoe off.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Haha! Anytime! Yes, let's see those Doc Martiens! I can't wait.