Monday, October 17, 2011

A Messy Good Time!

Saturday was my Little K's 3rd birthday.  Awwww, my 'lil sweetie is getting so big.

We had the best party for him.  It was the first party I paid for in the sense of paying for a location and an activity and one that essentially has a time limit on it.  Usually our parties have a start time but not an end time.  The party basically ends whenever the kids start to crash. 

There's something I don't like about these types of parties though and that's that there's a time limit to them so it's becoming the norm that the kids do not open their presents at the party but wait 'til they get home.  I understand the reason for this.  With these time-sensitive parties and how expensive they usually are, you want to spend most of the time on the activity you're paying for.  But my kids (and me too) are disappointed whenever they can't see their friend open the present they got for them.  It's exciting for them to see their friend's reaction.  So at our parties, time limit or not, presents will be opened.  I loved it when I was a kid and I know my kids enjoy it too.

But as usual, I digress.

I want to tell you about the super fun party we had for Little K.

We went to a 4Cats Arts Studio and had a Splattering Party.  As in splattering paint!  It was SO MUCH FUN!!  It was basically an hour of getting completely covered in paint and loving it!  Oh, and making some pretty funky art a la Jackson Pollack. I even made Jackson Pollack-inspired cupcakes!

There's really only one rule at a 4Cats painting party.  The rule is "It's no big deal."  If you get paint on yourself, it's "No Big Deal".  If you get paint on someone else, it's "No Big Deal".  We wore cloths on our heads so that we'd look ridiculous have it close by if we got paint in or around our eyes, but even that is "No
Big Deal", because it all washes away.

This was my kind of party!  And it's not just for kids...you can have an adult party.  My sis-in-law is contemplating a bacherlorette splatter party!  I am so there!

Another great thing is we all painted a large canvas on the floor, which we could then purchase...and we did.


It would be awesome if one day I got compensated for saying how great something is, but for now it's just me sharing how much fun it was because I think everyone should experience the fun and freedom of throwing paint!



2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

How fun! I never heard of anyone having a party like that, but what a great idea. I wish there was one by me! And I love the pictures, especially his paint splattered smiling face. :)

Shell said...

That looks like a fun party!