Friday, October 14, 2011

Getting To Know Me

I saw this questionnaire on
Theta Mom
 and 
Mommy Monologues
and I've always like these things, haven't done one in forever, so thought I'd join in on the fun!


So if you'd like to get to know me a little better, read on:


1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Kylie Minogue 
2. What has been your favorite age so far? Hmmm, I believe we get better with age, so I'd say 44.
3. Where did you meet your husband? Online (LavaLife).
4. How many children do you have? Two 'lil men.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? 12th Grade Musical "Anything Goes".
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? It used to be forearms (wierd, I know), now it's eyes.
7. What really turns you off? Lame excuses.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? Tall 2-pump White Mocha Americano.  But now that I no longer work there and don't get a discount, I'll be having my coffee at home.
9. What is your biggest mistake? Not buying an apartment when I was a court reporter making oodles of money.
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? Famous movie star.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. I love dipping a spoon 1/2 in peanut butter and 1/2 in nutella...heaven!  Oh, and I just realized I look best in pictures lying down...gravity is a wonderful thing!
12. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? You'd be amazed how much I know about Toopy & Dora...it's kind of sad actually.
13. Did you have braces? Yes, TWICE, thanks to a quack dentist who screwed up my mouth when I was in Grade 7.
14. Favorite Social Network? Facebook and Instagram.  Still getting used to Twitter.
15. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? The video my husband made me for my birthday one year.  It doesn't take much to be romantic in my mind.
16. When do you know when it’s love? When you fart in front of each other and laugh.
17. Do you speak any other languages? I wish!  Any time I'm in a Spanish-speaking country, the locals think I speak Spanish...I keep meaning to learn.
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? Yes, but doubt I'd go again.
19. What magazines do you read? British Magazines are the best...I like Hello.
20. What is playing on your iPod right now? It's mostly all 80's music.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? No, I don't think that I have.  Wait, yes, I did...I think I did...was in Grade 9 or 10 and was drinking wine in a box at the time, on my way to see The Police in concert.  Good times.  I think.


22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? Do pets count?
23. Do you watch MTV? No.
24. What’s something that really annoys you? Big burps at a dinner table.


25. Which television show you were sad to say goodbye to?  Seinfeld.  I have a hard time understanding anyone who didn't like it.
26. Can you dance?  In whose opinion?  Mine?  Well, then, yes, I'm amazing.
27. What’s your favorite place in the world? Not one place in particular...on a beautiful beach with my family.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? Yes, but not for myself.  I've been with my son and my mother...both are fine.
29. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Princess Diana.
30. If you could change one thing in the world for your child, what would it be? No one in this world should be hungry.  No one in this world should feel alone or judged for the colour of their skin, their sex or who they love.  The world needs changing in these ways and we need to be the change we want to see.  I would change this about the world so my children don't have to experience it in any way or see others experience it.
Okay, so now you know a wee bit more about me.  It's your turn now.  If you’re up for the challenge, ask a question in the comments that you would like to know more about and I’ll do my best to answer it. Or answer these questions on your blog & let me know you did! I'd love to learn more about you too!  And thanks again to Theta Mom for the great questions!

7 comments:

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

Omg! #16 cracked me up! I love it!

Princess Diana is someone I would love to meet, she was so awesome.

Thanks for letting me know you answered the questions too! They were fun! I think one of the most fun aspects of doing posts like these is to see all the different answers to the same questions.

Mommy2¢ said...

I'm with Kate - #16 made me laugh out loud! :^D

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I loved your answers! I think peanut butter and Nutella are also a killer combination, though I try not to buy Nutella very often--too risky. And you're right about the lying down--you look gorgeous!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Ladies! And Janae, you are too kind! Unfortunately, the only sandwich my kid will eat is Nutella, so I need to muster up some major willpower...sometimes I'm successful...sometimes. lol.

Vanita Cyril said...

yes i love gravity too and i think i should use it for my next picture. lol.

Vanita Cyril said...

ya know, i'm dying to give my son a nutella sandwich cause i swear it's just awesome on bread. sadly he's got a nut allergy. poor kid, totally screwed on that one.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Allergic to nutella? Not fair!!