Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Watch Out For Addictive Behaviour!


I started this blog as I think most mommy bloggers do...as a way to vent about my day, to keep a record for my kids of our times together when they were young, but mostly because I needed something...ANYTHING, for myself...just for ME, a creative outlet in a way.

And now I'm starting to freak. (No, Hubby, not be a freak...geesh)

Blogging is fun, but it's addictive, as I imagine most addictive behaviour is or starts out as.  I've never considered myself as having an addictive personality...until now. 

To make matters worse...or better, depending on who you talk to...I created a Twitter account!


 (What have I done?)

For those of you out there who have heard me diss Twitter...I know!  I know!  I am now eating crow...or whatever kind of tweety bird the Twitter bird is.  (I'm so confused)  I notice so many mommy bloggers are tweeting that there must be something to it and I hate being left out of the loop. 

So there.  Call me a hypocrite.  It is what it is and I yam what I yam (oh, do forgive the corny Popeye pun), which I suppose what I am now is a Tweeter?  A Twitterer?  A Twit?  (Hey, now!)

Aaaack, I have no idea what I'm doing, but you can watch my new addiction me figure it out here if you've nothing better to do.

4 comments:

Kate F said...

It took me FOREVER to figure out Twitter :) too. But it is so much fun once you build up a following! I just followed you (I'm @katefineske) Enjoy your newfound addiction!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Kate. If you ever want to throw some tips or advice my way, please do!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I got hooked to blogging fast too. Congratulations on your twitter account. I've been slower than most to fall in love with twitter--I think I just need to spend more time with it. :)

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, GGM...I'm still not convinced I'm going to need/like it, but I'm going to give it a go!