Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

I've always wanted to be an actress...let me clarify.  An academy-award winning actress.  I kind of gave that up a long time ago after high school when my mother sort of talked me out of going to acting school for a more stable job.  Since then, I've dabbled, but have gone in completely different directions.  I have no regrets, however, on the choices I've made (well, at least not all of them)...especially now since I've been given my very first blogging award!  I'm so new to this that I didn't even know there was such a thing, but it feels pretty good that someone, somewhere has actually enjoyed something I've written...'cuz I'm enjoying myself immensely.

So instead of "The Academy", I'd like to thank Caffeinated OC Mommy for giving me the "Stylish Blogger Award".  You made my day.  Here's my new button that I will proudly display on mee blog.  So even if I'm not really stylish in my dress these days, at least my blog will be.



I've always looked good in black.

In order to officially accept my award there are a couple things I need to do.  I need to mention 7 things about myself that you don't know and then award some of my favourite blogs.  So here goes nothin'...

1)  I love the taste of coffee and will opt for that flavour in just about everything...coffee candy, coffee ice cream, coffee liqueur, coffee chocolate, coffee, coffee, coffee.
2)  I have two older brothers, my best friends in high school were boys, so I'm not at all surprised I'm the mum of two boys and know that if I were ever to have more children, I would have twin boys.  (And that would be okay with me.)
3)  My family were all born in Canada but I was born in San Fernando Valley, California.
4)  I have a crush on Boston Rob from "Survivor", but only when he's all grungy, hungry and sporting a goatee.  When he's back home, has cleaned up and gained weight, my crush is over.
5)  I still have all my childhood dollies/barbies in a bin in my storage.
6)  I've always liked my name.
7)  As a kid I used to eat Tang and Jell-O with a spoon and probably still would if a craving hit me hard enough. (So I don't buy the stuff)

So that's a bit about me...and now for some blogs that I enjoy and that have inspired me to start my own.

1)  Fighting Off Frumpy
2)  The Meanest Mom
3)  Her Bad Mother
4)  Making It Work Mom
5)  Jill Shalvis
6)  Mommy Needs A Vacation
7)  Raven's Rest Studio

Since starting my blog I have come across many other wonderful and funny blogs!  Probably too many to mention here.  And since Big T went to bed before 6pm tonight, I've got to get to bed as he'll no doubt be up at the crack of dawn asking to play with my iPad.

And make sure you check out Caffeinated OC Mommy.  Oh, how she loves controversy!

No comments: