Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Must Be Crazy!


With all that I have to do looking after my two 'lil dudes during the day, working nights and all that "needs" to be done - ie: laundry, dishes, cleaning floors, revamping office, (showering) cleaning the carpet, going through boys' old clothes, (showering), throwing out old, broken toys, (showering), getting bike tuned up, exercising, (showering) visiting my mom, shaving my legs, grocery shopping, (showering), reading blogs and just being plain fabulous, I just took on another project.

Call me crazy.  (Okay, I had a shower this morning...cross that one off the list!)

Big T has only 4 classes of preschool left - FOREVER!  (sniff, sniff)  I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone.  It's been a lot of fun, especially since his is a parent-participation preschool. 

Since there weren't any real plans for a 'lil graduation ceremony, I thought I'd take it upon myself (and elicit the help of a couple of my mommy friends...sorry, girls!) to organize something "small" to which the teachers said "Feel free"...and then I think I heard them snicker.

Of course my original thought was to have something "small" (there's that word again), but I'm sure it will turn into something a 'lil bit larger than that.  But as Hubby always says, "If you're going to do something, you should do it right!"  ('Cept when it comes to recycling, 'eh, babe?)

So what started out as buying kiddie graduation caps for some cute photos is now me making caps for about 30 kids in two classes (by Monday, I might add) recording some music for my iPod (someone suggested the theme from Rocky - fun!) a medal for around their necks, a diploma for each child and possibly a small stage setup.  But you know what, I actually like doing these sorts of things so I'm not really complaining about the details.

I guess how I feel about this situation, that I alone have created for myself, can be best summed up in the words of Britney Spears:

"Oops, I Did It Again!"


3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Wow you are busy! I have a friend like you. Everyone always wants her to help because she always goes above and beyond what is needed.

Congratulations to your graduate. My preschooler just graduated a couple weeks ago.

Stacey said...

Following from Bloggy Moms!
www.madeofsnails.com

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Haha...thanks Grumpy! (Love the name by the way) I do tend to take on too much, but if I have nothing to do it's a problem too!