Friday, July 6, 2012

Card Me, Please!

"McLovin'" and his fake ID

Did you see the movie "Super Bad" where one of the characters gets a fake ID made so that he can buy some alcohol for him and his friends?  It's pretty funny.  Worth the rental me thinks.

Anyways, I must admit...I'm jealous of "McLovin'".

Jealous right down to my core.

The reason?

I DON'T GET CARDED ANYMORE!

It really is a slap in the face.

Because of this I've come to the realization that I must have an extremely warped view of myself.

I'm young!!  I mean, would an older person enjoy a movie like "Super Bad"?  Would they even know about it?

Don't get me wrong.  I have nothing against old people.  I like them.  My mom's one of them.  I'm interested in their life, their stories.

I'm going to be "old" one day....

It's just not today!

When did it happen that I no longer look too young to drink?  I certainly don't feel that way...unless you count every morning when I'm awakened by a screaming three-year-old.  Gotta admit, I feel pretty old before 6 in the morning.

But in general, I'm young...or young at heart...

I'm not immature...

Unless I choose to be.  That's different.

No, no.  I'm guessing it's a conspiracy thought up by all the liquor store employees out to make me feel like an old woman.  They've even at times used the word...ahem..."Ma'am".

Cruel bastards.

To be honest, I'm a bit inconsistent in my opinion of aging.  (No surprise there)

I think we only get  better as we get older.  If you don't, you're doing something wrong.  But I still don't need to be reminded of it every time I go to get a bottle of wine.

In summary, I just have one thing to say to the liquor store employees of the world:



3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love SuperBad! One of my favorite movies that I know I can go to for laughs and McLovin' is my husband's favorite character. I don't get carded anymore either. Although, we are in our liquor store enough that they know my name. ;-)

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Kind of like "Norm" in Cheers! LOL!

shellthings said...

I figure it's the fact that I have my kids with me that they don't card me. Or at least, that is my excuse. I still feel young!