Monday, April 9, 2012

A New 'Do

I'm feeling like maybe it's time for a change.

Maybe it's the sunshine that we've been soaking up this past weekend, which has been so incredibly amazing and mood altering.

Aaah, Spring.  I always do a 'lil Spring Cleaning at this time of year.

I've been letting myself my hair go a bit lately, not taking the time in the morning to fix it but instead have just been quickly putting it into a pony-tail.  That's fine if you're going for some exercise, but let's get real:

I've not been exercising.

And it's getting waaaaay too easy to just NOT do my hair.

Ugh.

I don't know what you do when you're feeling like you need a 'lil boost of some sort, but I usually like to do something with my hair.  Usually colour, but this time I'm going to cut it...maybe.

I say "maybe" because I've been through this before.  Many times.  And I know myself.  When it comes to my hair, I've made rash decisions in the past.  I get this feeling, go get my hair CUT and then as soon as I get home I say things like, "I'm growing my hair", and "Don't let me do that again."

But I'm getting sick of my pony-tail.  (Yet I know I'll miss it.)

And I'm going to be 45 this May.  45!!!

I don't feel old, I don't think I look old, and I don't think all of a sudden I need "45-year-old's haircut", if you know what I mean, but can I really pull off this constant pony-tail of mine?  I don't know...it lacks sophistication.  (Oh, and I'm all about that - lol)

Ugh.

But what to do, what to do?

How short do I go?

Here's some possibilities...
















Maybe I best sleep on it some more.


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm really digging number 4...but I think it's one of those hairstyles that once you leave the salon, it will never look like that again.
You know those cuts?
You can never ever recreate it.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

LOL! I know. And my Bro's a hairdresser who has done my hair since I was 11! (That's right, free haircuts!) He would kill me if I brought him a picture! All those pics were celebrities too - we're talking just styled by a pro.

Kristen said...

I make rash decisions on my hair at least once a year. I cry. My husband thinks I'm crazy. My girls plead for me to fix it so I look like mommy again. I'm sticking with my ponytails and maybe every once in a while I'll throw in a braid ;-)

Sarcasm Goddess said...

I wish I could offer advice, but I have had the same haircut since I was thirteen. I always think I'm going to do something different and bold and daring. But nope...same ol' same old for me.

Julia said...

Oh I always love getting drastic haircuts when I'm in a rut like that. And then I hate them and it takes forever for them to grow back. But then when my hair is long is it always in a ponytail and I am not a girl who works out. Sigh. I can't wait to see pics of what you decide!