Thursday, November 17, 2011

Biggest News EVER!


I feel it only appropriate to start out this post with a picture of fireworks 'cuz fireworks kind of signify a celebration of some sort.  And, man, I feel like celebrating!

I know, the suspense is killing you.  What on earth could it be?

Have we bought a new home?

(No, better!)

Have we paid off all our debt?

(Nope, even better!)

Did we win the lottery?

(Nah, but I kind of feel like we have)

I'm not (gasp) having a 3rd child, am I?

(Hahahahahahaha!)

No....the news is...

OUR KIDS ARE OFFICIALLY POTTY TRAINED!!

This may not be a big deal to some people, but in this household, which has had so many ups and downs and buckets of soaking underwear around for far too long (I'm talking a good three years) this is BIG NEWS!  

And lucky us, we've never needed to night train either!  So you know what that means?  NO PULL-UPS!

Wow, what can I buy with all the money we're going to be saving? 


6 comments:

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

Oh, I remember that moment! Pure bliss!!! I say you take the first bit of money you would have had to spend on the next bag/box of pull-ups/wipes and treat yourself to a manicure!

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

Congrats Jill Darling! And to celebrate, stop by my place and pick up your award... rules are optional! ; ) Blowing kisses... xoxo

Mommy Inconsistent said...

@Preppy Girl...you definitely have a good idea there! I'm probably due a lot of manicures!

@Caffe...Thanks, Caffe! I'm on my way!

Mommy2¢ said...

That's not big news... That's GINORMOUS news!! My son didn't fully potty train until he was 4yrs and about 4 months; so I know how freakin awesome it is when you can officially say "I'M NO LONGER BUYING DIAPERS!" I'd love to say that I'm no longer wiping butts but that's not happened for me yet. But I'll take toilet poop over smooshed up diaper poop any day! Congrats!!! :)

Mommy Inconsistent said...

@ Mommy 2cents...lol! I'm with you! Toilet poop is just a one wiper! Hallelujah!

The Suburban Princess said...

OMG! Congrats! It will be an amazing day when all four of mine are no longer in diapers!