Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Stealth Squad

This post is dedicated to Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom for introducing me to geocaching...can't believe I'd never heard of it before!  Thanks to her, my family & I had so much fun tonight! 

Geocaching...this is how they describe it on their website: 

"Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online."

So that's exactly what we did tonight after dinner.  I kind of had to force my boys out of the house where our tvs, computers and iPhones reside, but after we found the treasure we were seeking, everyone was in agreement about how much fun it was and we're looking forward to our next treasure-hunting adventure.

Here's how it went ...


At the start of our hunt...scoping out the terrain.  It was determined that sandals will NOT be the footwear of choice for future missions.



It's supposed to be under a rock...One, Two, Three..LIFT!


Oooh!  We found it!!

Our Booty!


I've gotta say...I think I'm addicted!  Uh-oh, there's that addictive personality coming out again!  Blame it on that Grumpy Grateful Mom.  It wasn't even difficult explaining it to the boys that they weren't to take anything home but leave for someone else to find.  And it was so cute watching them be all sneaky while we put it back.  We really were The Stealth Squad. 

So I too am giving an unpaid endorsement to the sport (is it a sport?) of geocaching.  It's a great family activity, especially in the summer!  Who knows, we might even hide our own stash of something ... WAIT JUST A MINUTE!  I'm thinking this might be a good way of getting rid of all those annoying toys around the house...hmmmm.

1 comment:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I'm so happy you liked it!!! We also learned about the sandels the hard way. I loved it too--I'm glad I'm not alone anymore in my addiction. Hehe.

When we went, we kept the small stash, but left some unappreciated Happy Meal toys.

I love the picture of your searching kiddos. :)