Monday, May 9, 2011

Ahh, Sweet Slumber

I've always envied people who can fall asleep so easily and really anywhere.

For Example:


And another:


Big T just falls asleep wherever he is.  Hubby's kind of like this too.  When he puts his head down on his pillow at night, he's out what seems like a minute later...or he's ignoring me...hmmmmmm.

I don't have this luxury.  In fact, I would say that sleep and I have a love/hate relationship.  I want it, yet I don't.  Ever heard the saying "You can sleep when you're dead?"  Yah, that's me.  I've uttered those words.  Being a mom is so much about being there for others, that when night finally arrives and my itty-bitties lay down their sweet heads, I don't want my "me" time to be unconscious.  So I basically fight sleep like the plague or like a 2-1/2 year old.  (No offense, Little K)

But I'm coming to the realization the older I get that I LOVE sleep!  It's all about sleep and I want it!  Since becoming a mom, however, I've denied it so much that now actually wanting it, it's not letting me have it.  Pay back's a bitch.

So here I am with my tail between my legs, making my official apology to sleep:

Sleep,  I'm sorry.  I was wrong to deny you, to think you aren't important.  I didn't mean to neglect you and I hope you will forgive me.  I like you.  I really do.  I know you're just wanting me to feel good, look good and be a happier mom.  So please accept my apology and in future I promise to appreciate you and even fight for you.  This may take a little time, however, so i hope you'll be patient with me  I realize that as I am writing this, the boys are napping and I should be as well, but as another saying goes:  "Rome wasn't built in a day" and this may apply to me as I get used to it all.  When there's so much to do and so few hours in a day, it will be a challenge to fit you in, but I vow to try.  So here's to us, Sleep.  You and me.  Together we'll be unstoppable!

Sincerely,

Jill


Sweet Dreams, Everyone!

No comments: