Thursday, April 14, 2011

P.S...IKEA, I Love You!

I have a new-found love for IKEA. It's not for the furniture. It's not for the ball-pit/play area (although now that Big T is tall enough to go in, it ranks high on my list of reasons to love it.) It's not for the $1 chocolate bars or even the cute commercials with that funny Swedish guy...

It's the wine! THEY SELL WINE!! (whoops, did I yell that?)

You've obviously figured out that I'm a mom who doesn't get out much. (I know, sad) And when I do go out, I've usually got the boys in tow. Hubby and I don't have a lot of options for babysitters other than each other. (Insert violin music here)

So the other day my mommy friend and I took our big boys out for the afternoon to this idyllic mecca for weary mums. Our little ones got to stay with the daddies because after all, they're short.

After waiting about 30 mins to put the boys in "the pit" (a lovely sounding place to leave a loved one, I know) we thought, screw shopping...and we headed up (aka sprinted and giggled like giddy schoolgirls) to the cafeteria for some fries and wine...and because we're total health nuts at the moment so it was a way to get our exercise in.

And I've got to be honest...it was soooooo good!

Unfortunately our bliss was cut short when over the loud speaker I heard my name being summoned back downstairs. I had visions of being found out that my kid was in a pull-up - because that is apparently a  no-no - but luckily it was just that the boys were bored and wanted out. Bored? I don't remember a ball-pit being an option when I was 4. I still think they should have a play area like this for adults but that's another post.

Here's a pic I took with my phone. Notice the $1 chocolate bars as well. I think I'll need to start taking my camera with me everywhere from now on because the phone pic just does not do this justice.



No comments: