Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Instagram Addiction Alive & Well


Ahhhh, Instagram.

I've always described myself as NOT having an addictive personality.

And along came Instagram.

And I am an Instagrammin' fool.

Dictionary.com defines "addiction" as:

"the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma."

Other than the need to include Instagram as habit forming in this definition, I'd say this pretty much describes me.

Enslaved...Yep.

Habit-forming...Uh-huh.

Severe trauma...You said it sister - er, brother - er, whoever you are who wrote this definition.

I could almost give up my blog and just Instagram my life away.

It's. Just. So. Much. Fun!

It's that little bit of creativity in a day full of dishes, bunny poo and dealing with the wants and needs of others.

It's just for ME!

Oh, and it's great to connect with others.  You can really get to know someone and what their life is like through their pictures.  Pictures really can say 1,000 words...or at least 150.

And now they've gone and created Instacanvas.

Have you seen this?

"Instacanvas is a marketplace to buy, sell and discover Instagram art and photography from around the world."

Thanks to my Instagram pal, Christine, I now have a gallery over at Instacanvas and my "little" addiction has taken on a whole new direction.

With Instacanvas I can get all artsy-fartsy (in my own mind at least) and look at the world with a slightly more creative eye instead of the constant "Look both ways!" that I'm forever shouting at my children as we walk down the street.

It's kind of like living in the now and it helps me notice the little things.  And really, it's the little things that make the world go 'round.

So check out my gallery over at instacanv.as/mommyinconsistent and create your own and I'll check you out!

In the meantime, here's some of my most recent pics...








GFunkified

14 comments:

Kristen said...

I've never even heard of this until you mentioned it on Instagram the other day. I need to get on top of some other things before I can add something else. I'll live vicariously through you for a while. :-)

Julie said...

Pretty! I love IG, have to check out Instacanvas!

jamie@southmainmuse said...

Really great photos. I'll have to tell my neighbor. She is talented...and too has an Instagram addiction.

Ducky said...

No wonder you're an instagram fool. If I could take pictures like that I would be too!

Greta Funk said...

Your pictures are Ah-Mazing. I'm utterly and completely addicted to IG (as you probably know).I get the shakes when it's down. I,too, look at moments as opportunities to post. I wish I took better pictures, though. I guess for now it's quantity over quality. :)

Tara said...

I'm so impressed with your photo skills - that spider and the fence are just so incredible (among all the others)! I have to know - do you know how to do a collage with instagram? I'm pretty sure I don't get it.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Tara. I do collages over at www.photvisi.com and on my iPhone I use the PicCollage app, which I LOVE!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks Greta. I love your pictures...your kids are adorable! (Even the one who poured salt on your laptop - Yikes!) :)

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Ducky!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Jamie. I'm sure she'll be hooked then!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks Julie...and thanks for the linkup, as always!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Ah, Kristen...you are definitely a busy mom with all that coaching that you do!

MarieOliveira said...

Stumbled across you blog and am loving it! That spider pic is crazy good!

mommyinconsistent said...

Thanks so much! I've been taking a wee blogging break as of late but hope to get back to it in the new year!