Friday, April 20, 2012

Let 'Em Paint Rocks

Today was GORGEOUS!  The sun was shining, it was incredibly warm out, it was all that a spring day should be.  To top it off, it was a Pro D Day, which means no school!

For anyone who knows me or has read my blog for a while, I've written how I absolutely LOVE Pro D Days.  I know for working moms they are a bit of a nightmare, having to find childcare, etc, but for a SAHM like myself, who works 3 nights out of the week, NOT having to rush around making a lunch, getting 'lil dudes dressed, washed and out the door before 9...well, it's my dream come true.  (One of them anyways.)

So today was a day of not rushing...no urgent plans...a stay-in-our-jammies-'til-noon kind of day.  We'd go where the wind took us.

After lunch I thought it would be fun to head out into the garden.  Usually when we do this, Big T brings his cars and Little K and I do some diggin'.  We haven't planted anything yet; we're just pulling up weeds and making a 'lil bamboo fence.  Basically we just putter around.

Today I decided that we wouldn't dig.

We'd paint rocks!

Last year I brought home a lot of big rocks from the beach.   Forever looking for something to do with the boys that doesn't involve a Wii, an iPad or an iPhone, I thought painting rocks would be a lot of fun.

And it was.  (Ha!  You thought a disaster would ensue, I'm sure)

It's a great activity and you don't have to be an artist, as you will see when you look at the following:


Okay, so I did most of the painting.

As expected, Big T played with his cars and Little K painted maybe three rocks, then he wanted the iPad.  Oh, well, what's the saying?  "A" for effort?  No, that can't be it.  Well, you know what I mean.

So if it's not raining, you're gonna lose your mind if you watch one more Dora cartoon and your Play-doh's all dried up...

Let 'Em Paint Rocks!


No comments: